GUARDING YOUR PRIVACY
During the ordinary course of business, we collect and maintain information about you so that we may effectively provide investment management services and help you achieve your goals. This includes:
- Information we receive from you such as your home address, social security number, telephone numbers, date of birth etc. are obtained in order to open an account and provide effective asset management services to you.
- Information that we receive from third parties such as your accountant, CPA or the custodians of your personal assets.
At Callan Capital, we have established a secure working environment to protect your privacy. All of our computers are locked with encrypted password protection. Data saved to our servers are backed up daily. We have contracted world renowned providers in data storage, compliance and technology services to further fulfill our privacy standards to our clients. We use a shredding company to ensure proper destruction of all paper documents.
Sharing personal information with Callan Capital employees
We have established procedures to limit employee access to your personal information. Any information shared within our firm is on a strict need to know basis. Security and confidentiality procedures are written in the form of a handbook that every employee is required to read and sign their acceptance.
Your personal information is shared only upon your personal acceptance or as required by law
We do not share any personal information about our clients with anyone outside of our company without the client’s prior approval, except as required by law. We also require that those whom we share such information keep it confidential. Those instances where personal information may be shared on a limited basis include:
- Disclosures to companies who are the custodians of your assets. It is required to gather and share account opening information to them.
- Disclosures in response to a subpoenas or under limited situations as required by law.
- Disclosers to technology consultants who help us maintain and encrypt our computer and accounting systems.
Callan Capital has agreed to never, under any circumstances sell any personal information about our clients to anyone. Our company was built on trust and we will take every precaution to maintain our client’s trust. Our mission is to provide independent and objective advice to every client, with the goal of giving them peace of mind throughout their lifetimes and into future generations. Our strict privacy policies have been created to protect our clients’ and their confidential information.